Leica SL Owner’s Boot Camp | Feb 24-26, 2017
The Leica SL is one of the fastest, highest-quality and most flexible mirrorless cameras on the market today. With its variety of custom settings and modes and the ability to accept hundreds of Leica lenses over a range of current and legacy systems, plus Nikon and Canon lenses (often with auto focus support), there is little that the SL cannot accomplish. As a camera with so many features, however, it can be overwhelming to configure it exactly to your needs. Leica Store Miami is pleased to introduce another workshop in our Boot Camp series: the Leica SL Owner’s Boot Camp, taking place over 2 ½ days from Friday, February 24 to Sunday, February 26, 2017.
We will go over the entire menu in detail along with every button and switch on the camera. You will learn how to set up the SL for your preferred style of shooting, and all of our favorite tips and tricks will be shared including the best way to work with Wi-Fi, configuring shortcut buttons for quick access to your most-used settings, a full overview of the SL accessories lineup and how to use alternative lenses. From the ideal focus settings, to shooting in manual, working with flash and updating firmware, there is a lot you will master as a participant in the Leica SL Boot Camp.
This workshop is primarily geared towards SL owners, however anyone interested in a comprehensive overview of the camera is welcome to join us. A very limited supply of loaner SL cameras will be on hand.
Friday, February 24
- 2pm-3pm: Meet & greet at Leica Store Miami
- 3pm-6pm: Classroom – Introduction to the Leica SL and menu overview (Part 1)
- 9am-10am: Breakfast (included in workshop fee), Q&A
- 10am-1pm: Classroom – menu overview (Part 2)
- 1pm-2pm: Lunch (included in workshop fee)
- 2pm-5:30pm: Classroom – Custom functions, user profiles, Wi-Fi, shortcut buttons
- 9am-Noon: Photography outing in South Beach
- Noon-1pm: Group lunch (included in workshop fee)
- 1:30pm-5:30pm: Classroom - Alternative lenses, accessories, advanced tips and tricks, Q&A session
Some of the topics covered will include:
- Understanding the camera’s buttons and switches
- Working with both SL and non-SL lenses (including M, S, T, R, Canon and Nikon lenses)
- Detailed menu system overview
- Setting up your SL out of the box
- Mastering manual and auto focus modes/settings
- Shooting in manual mode
- Working with user profiles and custom settings
- Updating firmware
- Wi-Fi setup and use in the field
- Accessories overview with tips & tricks
- Best bags and carrying options for your SL kit
Recommend Items to Bring:
- Leica SL kit (including any lenses, adapters and accessories you may own)
- At least one fully charged SL battery (and charger)
- Laptop with Adobe Lightroom
- At least one SD memory card that you can format (will erase all photos)
This workshop is $699. Enrollment is limited to 12 participants. The workshop fee includes coffee with a light breakfast on Saturday and lunch for both Saturday and Sunday, along with our Leica SL Cheat Sheet and a Leica "swag bag."
We rely on your attendance to make this workshop happen, so if for any reason you need to withdraw from this workshop please inform us no later than 30 days before (which is January 25, 2017).
For out of town visitors, we recommend flying into Miami International Airport (MIA) which is only 4.5 miles from Leica Store Miami. A few of our favorite area hotels are: