Leica Q Owner’s Boot Camp | Mar 4-5, 2017
If you own a Leica Q, you’re most likely aware of its incredible image quality and diverse feature set, but might not feel you are taking full advantage of all it has to offer. Leica Store Miami is excited to introduce the Leica Q Owner’s Boot Camp: a two-day intensive workshop designed to cover the Q from top to bottom. The workshop, which will be run March 4-5, 2017, includes instructional classroom time with Leica Specialist Josh Lehrer and a morning of photography in Miami Beach.
We will go over the entire menu in detail along with every button and switch on the camera. You will learn how to set up the Q for your preferred style of shooting, and all of our favorite tips and tricks will be shared including the best way to work with Wi-Fi and a full overview of the Q accessories lineup. From the ideal focus settings, to shooting in manual, working with flash and updating firmware, there is a lot you will master as a participant in the Leica Q Boot Camp.
This workshop is primarily geared towards Q owners, however anyone interested in a comprehensive overview of the camera is welcome to join us. A very limited supply of loaner Q cameras will be on hand. As this is a weekend workshop, we will also be covering some Lightroom post-processing techniques to get the most from the Q files.
Saturday, March 4
- 9am-10am: Breakfast and meet & greet
- 10am-1pm: Classroom: Introduction to the Leica Q and menu overview
- 1-2pm: Group lunch (included in workshop fee)
- 2-5:30pm: Classroom: Custom settings, shooting in manual, Wi-Fi, and more (with various breaks and hands-on time interspersed)
- 9am-Noon: Photography outing in South Beach
- Noon-1pm: Group lunch (included in workshop fee)
- 1:30pm-5:30pm: Classroom: Q&A, Lightroom techniques, accessories & bags overview (with various breaks and hands-on time interspersed)
Some of the topics covered will include:
- Understanding the camera’s buttons and switches
- Setting up your Q out of the box
- Detailed menu system overview
- Mastering manual and auto focus
- Shooting in manual mode
- Working with user profiles
- Updating firmware
- Using the Q with flash
- Wi-Fi setup and use in the field
- Accessories overview with tips & tricks
- Best bags and carrying options for your Q
- Getting the most from your Q files in Lightroom
Recommend Items to Bring:
- Leica Q camera (if you own one)
- At least one fully charged Q battery (and charger)
- Any Q accessories you may have
- Laptop with Adobe Lightroom
- At least one SD memory card that you can format (will erase all photos)
This workshop is $399. Enrollment is limited to 12 participants. Please note the registration deadline is Thursday, February 2, 2017. The workshop fee includes coffee with a light breakfast on Saturday and lunch for both Saturday and Sunday, along with our Leica Q Cheat Sheet and a Leica "swag bag."
We rely on your attendance to make this workshop happen, so if for any reason you need to withdraw from this workshop please inform us no later than 30 days before (which is February 2, 2017). If you need to cancel after February 2nd, your workshop fee can be applied towards any future Leica Store Miami program if space is available.
For out of town visitors, we recommend flying into Miami International Airport (MIA) which is only 4.5 miles from Leica Store Miami. A few of our favorite area hotels are: