Leica Ultravid 10x42 HD-Plus Binocular
SKU: 799429400941 Mfg Code: 40094
Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new generation of the Leica Ultravid HD 42 binoculars. In comparison with earlier models, the optical performance of the new Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 with respect to light transmission has been significantly improved again.
A decisive role in this is played by new coating methods that deposit thin films of special substances on the lens surfaces under ultra-high vacuum in a so-called high temperature plasma process. In addition to this, the prisms of the new binoculars are made from specially formulated SCHOTT glasses with exceptional transmission characteristics (SCHOTT HT glasses). The significantly increased light transmission, particularly in the blue-violet band, ensures not only higher image brightness, but also better color transmission and considerably improved twilight vision.
In addition to a brighter viewing image, the Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 binoculars therefore also offer increased contrast performance in all viewing situations, and particularly in unfavorable light.
The Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 models are available with 7×, 8× and 10× magnification and are identified by an engraved ‘HD’ in red on the strap lugs of the binoculars.
Otherwise, all the proven features of the Leica Ultravid HD family remain unchanged in the new HD-Plus 42 binoculars – first and foremost, high-quality optics, mechanical excellence and user-friendly design. The binoculars feature exceptionally high-quality lenses that reduce flare to an absolute minimum. This guarantees excellent colors and contrast, outstanding image brightness, clarity and optimum resolution of details. Here, innovative AquaDura® coating ensures a crystal-clear view in all weathers and protects the lenses against scratching and abrasion. In terms of handling, the binoculars are ideally matched to their users’ needs and frequent use under even the most extreme viewing conditions. The shock-absorbent armoring protects the binoculars against damage while also providing excellent grip for safe and steady handling.
Each model is supplied complete with a padded, high-quality Cordura case for optimum product protection. Also included are front lens and eyepiece caps and a contoured neoprene carrying strap.
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved edge to edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light
- Innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field of view.
- Light-weight, high strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC® coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura® lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystalclear views in any weather
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest rated water/fog proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics.
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.
Prism Type Roof prism with phase-correcting coating P40 and HighLux-System HLS™ Magnification 10.0x Objective Lens Diameter 42mm Angle of View 6.4 degrees (actual) Field-of-View 336' at 1000 yd / 112m at 1000 m Minimum Focus Distance 2.9m / 9.5 ft Exit Pupil Diameter 4.2mm Eye Relief 16mm Interpupillary Adjustment 55-75 mm Dioptric Correction ±4 diopters Focus Type Central focusing device Twilight Factor 20.5 Automatic diopter compensation ADC Yes Eyepieces for eyeglass users Yes, removable with two 2 click stops No. of lens elements (each side) 9, all with HDC coating Watertightness Watertight to a depth of 5m/16ft Housing Die-cast magnesium, nitrogen-filled Dimensions 120x147x68mm / 4 3/4x5 3/4x 2 3/4 in Weight 26.5 oz / 750 g
- All Leica Sport Optic products shipped from Leica Camera Inc. to an authorized USA or Canadian dealer since Jan 1, 2021 will now feature a fully transferable 10-year Passport Protection Plan plus a 30-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Both aspects of our commitment to you compromise the following:
• Fully Transferable
• No Warranty Card Required
• No Receipt Required
• No Charge
• Valid only on products purchased from authorized Leica dealers in USA or Canada*.
10 Year Passport Protection Plan
For a period of 10 years we will repair or replace your Leica Sport Optic product purchased from an Authorized USA and Canadian dealer in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. It doesn’t matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it in the USA or Canada. Please note that our Passport Protection Plan excludes coverage for intentional damage, misuse, cosmetic damage that does not affect the performance of the optic, fire, loss, theft, or unauthorized repair or modification. This Passport Protection Plan is void, if damage is caused by the use of accessories not sold or authorized by Leica Camera Inc. or from service by persons not authorized by Leica Camera Inc. It will be at Leica Camera Inc.’s sole discretion to extend service under this Warranty for damage arising from the above-mentioned conditions.
30 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Beyond the 10-year Passport Protection, Leica Sport Optics offers a 30-year warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased in the USA and Canada from an authorized Leica Camera Inc. North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical system is defective, we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories) are warranted for two years from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other force majeure. Any Leica Sport Optic product that is purchased in the USA or Canada that is not imported by Leica Camera Inc. and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S. or Canadian Leica Camera Inc. North America Dealer has no Authorized Warranty.
Read more about Leica's Sport Optics Warranty here.
Share this item: