Leica M Monochrom "Jim Marshall Set" with Leica Summilux-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH
SKU: 799429109653 Mfg Code: 10965
- Leica Camera and Jim Marshall Photography LLC are proud to offer a limited edition set of the LEICA M Monochrom “Jim Marshall Set” with LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH to celebrate Jim’s legacy and his life-long relationship with Leica Camera. This edition is limited to 50 sets and will be sold exclusively in North America through Leica Stores and Boutiques. Deliveries will begin in mid-June.
Each individually numbered camera features an engraving of Jim Marshall’s signature on the top plate. The LEICA M Monochrom (Typ 246) and LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH are made of brass components with a very special “Laiton” coating, which provides a very unique matt finish and one-of-a-kind appearance for each set. Another distinctive component of this exclusive set is the lens, which is modern in its optical design but classic in look and handling thanks to its knurled focus ring and round lens hood, reminiscent of the 1960’s.
he set also comes with an artisan style brown leather strap styled in the tradition of the strap Jim Marshall used with his Leica M4.
Jim Marshall, “Thelonious Monk At Monterey Jazz Festival 1964”
The set includes a Jim Marshall Limited Edition Estate print of “Thelonious Monk at Monterey Jazz Festival 1964’. The print is an archival 8 x 10 ink jet print (image size, 6 x 9) numbered and signed by Jim Marshall Photography LLC and made from the original negative by Jim Marshall. This image was not printed for sale or exhibition during Jim Marshall’s lifetime. It is only being offered to collectors of the Leica M Monochrom “Jim Marshall Set” to expand the breadth of this photographic legacy. When the edition is complete, the Estate will not release further prints of this image at this size and in this medium.
‘Jazz Festival’ book
An added exclusive feature of this set is the Jim Marshall: ‘Jazz Festival’ book published by Reel Art Press featuring a special dust cover. The book is numbered and estate embossed and consists of Jim Marshall’s jazz festival photographs from the 1960’s, published for the first time. Over 95 percent of the material in this breathtaking coffee table volume has never been seen before. Marshall’s remarkable photographs of the festivals at Newport and Monterey immortalize the unique energy and soul of these celebrations of jazz. This immersive body of work feels like experiencing the atmosphere of those summer days first hand. Marshall’s inimitable lens captured the crowd, the fashion, the performances and the unguarded moments with jazz icons like Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Nina Simone, Dizzy Gillespie and many more. The book features a foreword by President Bill Clinton, and an introduction by legendary jazz writer and historian Nat Hentoff, who places the jazz festivals in the larger context of the civil rights movement in America at the time.
Jim Marshall’s photographs are in private and museum collections around the world. To learn more about Jim Marshall, visit www.jimmarshallphotographyllc.com.
- Numbered with Jim Marshall signature engraved M Monochrom (Typ 246) in Brass and Laiton Finish
- Special version of Summilux-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH in Brass and Laiton Finish with round Brass and Laiton Lens Hood
- Jim Marshall Limited Edition Estate print of “Thelonious Monk at Monterey Jazz Festival 1964’ measuring 8 x 10 Ink Jet (6 x 9 Image) Numbered and Estate Signed
- Numbered and Estate Embossed copy of ‘Jim Marshall: Jazz Festival’ book with a special dust jacket
- Artisan Thin Brown Leather Strap
- Certificate of Authencity