Leica 10 x 42 Noctivid Performance Binocular
SKU: 799429403850 Mfg Code: 40385
The Leica NOCTIVID glasses are compact in size, stylish, and elegant, but nevertheless unbelievably robust and resilient. Ideal for every walk of life, the Leica NOCTIVID binoculars set standards alone with their design. The optical and mechanical systems of the new Leica NOCTIVID family of binoculars unite the best of the latest and most innovative technologies to create a new pinnacle of excellence.
The optical engineers have integrated no less than 12 glass lens elements in the new Leica NOCTIVID models to achieve viewing excellence that fulfills even the most stringent demands. SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) glasses ensure amazingly natural color rendition. The Leica NOCTIVID binoculars take advantage of a new high-temperature plasma deposition process for highest-quality lens coatings that guarantee perfectly balanced transmission characteristics throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light, which results in a breathtakingly bright and color-neutral viewing image.
Innovative baffle systems for the suppression of stray light guarantee optimum reduction of reflections and maximum contrast. The modification of the radii of the lenses made it possible to achieve a further improvement of sharpness right up to the extreme edges of the viewing image. Innovative AquaDura® coating, a Leica development, ensures a crystal-clear view in all weathers and protects the lenses against scratching and abrasion. Thanks to this special coating, dirt and finger marks can be effortlessly wiped away.
The perfect harmonization of all optical and mechanical innovations in the binoculars leads to an incomparably three-dimensional viewing experience. The engineers also paid particular attention to compact dimensions and mechanical excellence in the design and construction of the Leica NOCTIVID. The binocular tubes can be easily grasped with one hand and, thanks to the short construction length, the weight is centered on the palm. The rubber armoring has outstanding grip, absorbs impacts, prevents slipping, and simultaneously lends the body of the binoculars a wonderfully comfortable feel. A patented, hardness class 8 surface coating provides additional protection for all exposed metal surfaces of the robust magnesium body. The focusing precision of Leica NOCTIVID binoculars is unrivaled by any other binoculars on the market: the newly designed focusing wheel enables tack-sharp focusing on even the smallest details and quickly overcomes even the greatest distances to bring distant subjects sharply into view.
“Leica binoculars always contain our entire expertise in the areas of optical and mechanical design and construction. No other binoculars in their class can compete with the exceptional quality of the viewing image, the extraordinary color-neutrality and the compact design of the Leica NOCTIVID models. The combination of these – and many other innovative details – has enabled us to achieve a previously unimagined and extraordinarily three-dimensional viewing experience,” says Nanette Roland, Product Manager Leica Sport Optics.
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved edge to edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light
- Innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field of view.
- Light-weight, high strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC® coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura® lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystalclear views in any weather
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest rated water/fog proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics.
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.
Prism Type Roof prism with phase-correcting coating P40 and HighLux-System HLS™ Magnification 10.0x Objective Lens Diameter 42mm Angle of View 6.4deg. (actual) Field-of-View 376' at 1000 yd / 112 m at 1000 m Minimum Focus Distance 6.2' / 1.9 m Exit Pupil Diameter 4.2mm Eye Relief 19mm Interpupillary Adjustment 56 - 74 mm Dioptric Correction Ì±4 Focus Type Center Dimensions 124 x 150 x 68 mm 4.88 x 5.91 x 2.68 in Weight 30.3oz (860g)
- All Leica Sport Optic products shipped from Leica Camera Inc. to an authorized USA or Canadian dealer since Jan 1, 2021 will now feature a fully transferable 10-year Passport Protection Plan plus a 30-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Both aspects of our commitment to you compromise the following:
• Fully Transferable
• No Warranty Card Required
• No Receipt Required
• No Charge
• Valid only on products purchased from authorized Leica dealers in USA or Canada*.
10 Year Passport Protection Plan
For a period of 10 years we will repair or replace your Leica Sport Optic product purchased from an Authorized USA and Canadian dealer in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. It doesn’t matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it in the USA or Canada. Please note that our Passport Protection Plan excludes coverage for intentional damage, misuse, cosmetic damage that does not affect the performance of the optic, fire, loss, theft, or unauthorized repair or modification. This Passport Protection Plan is void, if damage is caused by the use of accessories not sold or authorized by Leica Camera Inc. or from service by persons not authorized by Leica Camera Inc. It will be at Leica Camera Inc.’s sole discretion to extend service under this Warranty for damage arising from the above-mentioned conditions.
30 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Beyond the 10-year Passport Protection, Leica Sport Optics offers a 30-year warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased in the USA and Canada from an authorized Leica Camera Inc. North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical system is defective, we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories) are warranted for two years from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other force majeure. Any Leica Sport Optic product that is purchased in the USA or Canada that is not imported by Leica Camera Inc. and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S. or Canadian Leica Camera Inc. North America Dealer has no Authorized Warranty.
Read more about Leica's Sport Optics Warranty here.
Share this item: