Leica Q2 Disney '100 Years of Wonder'
Limited to 500 Pieces Worldwide
SKU: 799429190924 Mfg Code: 19092
From its beginnings in the 1920s, the Walt Disney company has used the best techniques to produce animated films of the highest quality that, 100 years later, continue to enchant young and old alike. Considering the creative tools available to him at the time, Walt Disney used the Leica for his storyboards, a revolutionary camera designed and manufactured in Germany, compact and unique in its kind while also providing exceptional image quality. To mark the anniversary of the film studios, Disney and Leica are now unveiling the closely guarded secret of their groundbreaking collaboration the special limited edition Leica Q2 Disney '100 Years of Wonder'.
The Walt Disney Company even went so far as to use the term Leica Reel to refer to its animated storyboards and thus give a poetic name to what today, in technical terms, is called "animatics". On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Walt Disney Company, an entertainment company that celebrates “100 Years of Wonder”, it was time to reveal to all fans of Walt Disney's animated pictures that behind their storyboards, behind the cartoons that have fascinated generations, is Leica.
The design applied to the special edition of the Leica Q2 camera dates back to a model sheet created in 1937 by one of Walt Disney Studio’s noted animators, Don Towsley. In addition, a Mickey Mouse print adorns the camera’s top plate. The special edition also includes a protective dust bag with matching original Disney graphics and a a special rope strap. The Leica Q2 Disney '100 Years of Wonder' reveals an evocative imagination right at first glance: it is adorned with a very special material reminiscent of the tracing paper on which Disney’s creators penciled scenes and characters, which not only gives the camera a sophisticated aesthetic but also makes it even more interesting for amateur collectors.
- Limited to 500 pieces worldwide
- Camera body is covered with a special material that resembles tracing paper on which Disney’s creators penciled scenes and characters. The design applied to the camera dates back to a model sheet created in 1937 by one of Walt Disney Studio’s noted animators, Don Towsley.
- Protective dust bag with original Disney graphics
- Branded cotton strap
- Mickey Mouse print on the camera’s top plate
- Disney logo and edition number engraved under the back display glass
- Cotton strap
- Dust bag
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Special packaging
- Lens hood
- Lens cover
- Hot shoe cover
- Charger & cables (EU, US)
- Quick start guide