Leica Ultravid 8x42 HD-Plus Binocular
SKU: 799429400934 Mfg Code: 40093
You save 20%
Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new generation of the Leica Ultravid HD 42 binoculars. In comparison with earlier models, the optical performance of the new Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 with respect to light transmission has been significantly improved again.
A decisive role in this is played by new coating methods that deposit thin films of special substances on the lens surfaces under ultra-high vacuum in a so-called high temperature plasma process. In addition to this, the prisms of the new binoculars are made from specially formulated SCHOTT glasses with exceptional transmission characteristics (SCHOTT HT glasses). The significantly increased light transmission, particularly in the blue-violet band, ensures not only higher image brightness, but also better color transmission and considerably improved twilight vision.
In addition to a brighter viewing image, the Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 binoculars therefore also offer increased contrast performance in all viewing situations, and particularly in unfavorable light.
The Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 models are available with 7×, 8× and 10× magnification and are identified by an engraved ‘HD’ in red on the strap lugs of the binoculars.
Otherwise, all the proven features of the Leica Ultravid HD family remain unchanged in the new HD-Plus 42 binoculars – first and foremost, high-quality optics, mechanical excellence and user-friendly design. The binoculars feature exceptionally high-quality lenses that reduce flare to an absolute minimum. This guarantees excellent colors and contrast, outstanding image brightness, clarity and optimum resolution of details. Here, innovative AquaDura® coating ensures a crystal-clear view in all weathers and protects the lenses against scratching and abrasion. In terms of handling, the binoculars are ideally matched to their users’ needs and frequent use under even the most extreme viewing conditions. The shock-absorbent armoring protects the binoculars against damage while also providing excellent grip for safe and steady handling.
Each model is supplied complete with a padded, high-quality Cordura case for optimum product protection. Also included are front lens and eyepiece caps and a contoured neoprene carrying strap.
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved edge to edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light
- Innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field of view.
- Light-weight, high strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC® coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura® lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystalclear views in any weather
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest rated water/fog proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics.
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.
Prism Type Roof prism with phase-correcting coating P40 and HighLux-System HLS™ Magnification 8.0x Objective Lens Diameter 42mm Angle of View 7.4 degrees (actual) Field-of-View 389' at 1000 yd / 130 m at 1000 m Minimum Focus Distance 3m / 9.8 ft Exit Pupil Diameter 5.2mm Eye Relief 15.5mm Interpupillary Adjustment 55-75 mm Dioptric Correction ±4 diopters Focus Type Central focusing device Twilight Factor 18.3 Automatic diopter compensation ADC Yes Eyepieces for eyeglass users Yes, removable with two 2 click stops No. of lens elements (each side) 9, all with HDC coating Watertightness Watertight to a depth of 5m/16ft Housing Die-cast magnesium, nitrogen-filled Dimensions 121x142x67mm / 4 3/4x5 5/8x 2 5/8 in Weight 27.9 oz / 790 g